Saturday, March 9, 2013

You Like Me!





I'm honored to let you know that I have been nominated for the Very Inspirational Blogger Award (see above).  Wordwytch was so gracious as to nominate me (along with a cast of thousands... or at least 22, IIRC!)  Here are the rules of the award:


1.) Display the award logo on your blog.
2.) Link back to the person who nominated you.
3.) State 7 things about yourself.
4.) Nominate 15 bloggers for this award.
5.) Notify those bloggers of the nomination by linking to one of their specific posts so that they get notified by ping back.

So the award shown above will be displayed on the main page and I already link to Adventures of a Word Wytch (you should, too, if you don't now) so Rule 1 & 2 are fulfilled.

For my seven facts... hmmm...
1. At one time, I owned a racing car.  It was also my commute car, but it was set up for the Sports Car Club of America Showroom Stock Sedan class.  The car only made one race, where it came in third, with a friend as driver as I didn't have my competition license at the time (I still don't!)
2. Little-known fact: the town I grew up in once had as a garbageman a young, struggling comedian named Joe Piscopo.
3. I am a rabid anime fan.
4. I've been to every continent except South America and Antarctica.
5. I once had the opportunity to pet a rhinoceros.  It was surprisingly docile, perhaps because it had lived almost all its life at Six Flags Great Adventure's Safari park.
6. My favorite seasons, in order, are Fall, Spring, Winter and Summer.  I guess I put Summer last because I grew up at the Jersey Shore and Summer, while lots of fun, also means lots of tourists and congestion!
7. I (and my wife) have a house rabbit as a pet.  He is free to roam the house during the day but goes to his "hutch" at night.

Now to pick fifteen bloggers who haven't been given the award yet...

Oh, and since I'm overwhelmed by the honor, I'll just let Sally Field do the talking for me:

No comments:

Post a Comment