Sunday, May 20, 2012

A Weekend Alone-Flash Fiction Friday, May 18, 2012

(Gardener's note: I didn't think I could come up with a story this week but one came to me just a few minutes ago as I was preparing breakfast.  Sorry it's a little late-if it's any consolation, I've been running late all week! Today's challenge-between 66 and 122 words (excluding the title), with the phrase "rough and scratchy" somewhere in the body of the story and based on the photo below.  Panserbjørne is back hosting  Flash Fiction Friday..  Go check out his blog to see who else played.)

(Image source: "On the Stairs" by Samantha Wolov)

The kids were at Grandma's so we had the weekend alone for once.  We planned to go out for dinner and a movie and were rushing around trying to get ready.  It had been a crazy week, so things were not where they should be.  Connie and I kept running up and down the stairs to get this or take that where it needed to be. 



It finally happened-Connie was heading down the stairs as I was rushing up. We didn't see each other and collided in the middle. I managed to cradle her head and cushion her fall, but my rough and scratchy cheek grazed hers. Our heads turned and our lips met.

We never did have dinner that night...

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Nicely done. A beneficial encounter on the stairs.

    ReplyDelete